Sock Week !

I made these for my Mother. This pattern is called Hedera designer Cookie And these are for a quarterly sock Knit along. It so happens
that both of these sock are from the same designer.
The light blue yarn is "Opal" and the darker yarn is "Socks that Rock yarn" called "Blue Moon" a light weight Moreno. The pattern is called "Monkey". I had taken the label off the Opal yarn so I don't remember the color name, only that it was cotton. The Monkey sock pattern is very easy and a quick pattern to knit. I plan to use it again. The next time I post anything, I will be back in the States. I think I'll miss Germany a little. I've met some really great people. Even so, I look forward to being close to my love ones back home. I use to attend a group called the "Tangle Threaders" of Fiber aficionados, who got together once a month and share projects, ideas and chats. It was a mixture of Knitters, Spinners, Weavers, Crocheters. We would bring our spinning wheels and knitting projects and hang out. Nothing formal. The best part, if you needed help with anything, some one there would always give you a hand. I plan on going to weaving classes. It's been something I've wanted to do for a while now. It's one of my New Year's Resolutions. I will learn to weave this Year. I am also going to attend The Maryland Wool festival. What can I say "2007" is going to be a great year for me. You ready Armando? : )













Comments

Bonne Marie said…
What beautiful socks! I want to try the Monkey pattern - it looks very dramatic in those blue tones...

Glad you're coming home...

Popular posts from this blog