Sweater Curse


Kniters use the term Sweater Curse or the Curse of the Love Sweater to describe a situation in which a knitter gives a hand-knit sweater to a significant others, who quickly breaks up with the knitter. In an alternative formulation, the relationship will end before the sweater is even completed. The belief is widely discussed in knitting publications and some knitter claim to have experienced the Sweater Curse; a recent poll indicated that 15% of active knitters say they have experienced the sweater curse firsthand, and 41% consider it a possibility that should be taken seriously. I found this explaination on Wikipedia. Upon doing my own research. The conclusion I made is that; I believe if you have a really new relationship, and have not established his like or dislikes. Then maybe you should wait a little before knitting the sweater. With that said, I have a picture of my boyfriend, with one of the sweaters I have knitted for him. I think it’s important to allow them to select the colors, and style of pattern you are going to use for the sweater. It’s probably not a good time to introduce something totally new or out of character for him. I know my guy like dark colors, and is pretty much in the conservative side. This pattern was selected from the website, www.knitty.com, the yarn is from Debbie bliss, it's cotton. I believe it is called Denim. I am happy to say, that this sweater was knitted in 2005, and as you can see in the picture, he is still wearing it. Next time, I'll tell you what is the old remedy to over come the sweater curse.


Happy Knitting!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog