Summer Fun

This Summer I had a visit from my granddaughter. She is so much fun to have around , so full of life and so very mischievous. She is a little like her mother, but does not have a single shy bone in her body, even though she loves to say she is. I've been missing her dearly since she has returned home. Forgetting how much energy it takes to entertain a six year old. I must admit that after she left, I was quite exhausted. In this picture we both had our hair done, and I was so ready to take a nap. Even so, I had a great time and truly miss my little lady bug.

I've not knit as much as I would have liked, currently just trying to complete some projects I've started some time ago. A vest in silk, a cardigan, in a soft alpaca, moreno blend. and a Shawl, using Knit Picks, Alapaca Cloud. For the shawl, I am using the EZ 100th Anniversary PI Shawl, which was free on Raverly. This will be my first round shawl, I image you would fold it in half in order to wrap around your shoulders. I also have completed another shawl in alpaca, which I will post photos later, since I took that one to work, to leave in the office, when the AC is a little too high. In the spinning department, I have the most amazing llama wool, it is so soft, and smooth to spin, it should probably be used in a lace project, something special, and delicate. I don’t know yet if I would dye it, it has a natural cream color, which I think will make for a beautiful lace shawl, perhaps an old Estonian Lace shawl. Well keep cool, and enjoy the last few weeks of summer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog