Sewing Fever

This year is going to be the year that I will complete a sewing project at least once a month. I made a mental promise to complete at least one sewing project a month. My list of things I want to make has gotten totally out of control. I have patterns, fabric, notions, and thread. Everything to complete every pattern I planned to sew. Everything, except. Time.

Well that's about to change this year! I will  conquer those patterns, even if it's just  20 minutes a day. Once a month I will have something to show for my efforts, as well as, put a dent on my fabric stash. 

So lets start with my first project for this month. Simplicity pattern 2766. What I love about this pattern is you have several items to choose from. The skirt, pant, dress, blouse, and long jacket are what I plan to sew. I started with the dress. I like the retro look of this style of dress.  The blouse can go with both skirt and pants, that's two outfits, the dress with jacket or without, that's two outfits as well. I like the jacket, but I am going to do something different with the sleeves. Not sure yet, but most defiantly going to change the style a bit. 

So here below, you can see the dress. I use a knit fabric, it looks like a Versace print. I love the feel, and the way this fabric drapes. I also made a OBI belt, using MIMI G STYLES' pattern. It's free on her web page. The belt was made with a leather imitation fabric, which was easy to sew, using a leather needle, and some good nylon thread. All that's left to sew is the hem, and I may check this as mission accomplished!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog