WIP



  • In the knitting community, I am contemplating getting a group together to meet up and have coffee, and knit or crochet. It would be a great way to make friends and share ideas. I’ll throw the idea on the neighborhood’s website, and see if anyone is interested. Meanwhile, I’ve started another WIP, that I’ve started years ago.. it’s an Icelandic style piece from knit picks. https://www.knitpicks.com/lofoten-pullover/p/41203D.  Another one of those projects on the “ Work in progress” basket. It feels great to get the numbers down.

Garden time is here! I’ve decided this year I will start a vegetable garden. Considering the prices of food, I might as well think wisely about saving money. I’ll try to plant mostly vegetables I enjoy, and are easier to freeze. You know tomatoes and peppers will be on top of the list. I had chickens, but it was difficult to travel as often. A veggie garden you can set a timer to water. My sprinkler system reaches the garden, so that’s also handy. Chicken on the other hand, I would not have felt safe leaving them without supervision, there is the egg collecting to consider, which left unattended, can and will attract predators. So I gave them away. I really loved my chickens too, not to mention the fresh eggs.. 

I think once I’ve completed my bucket list of traveling, which majority of the destinations on my list, are within the states. I mean why travel all over the world, when I have over 40 states still to visit! Anyway back to the garden..

What I’ve planted thus far, Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, kale, arugula, spinach, sweet potato, zucchini, squash, watermelon, carrots, beets, Peas, Green beans, celery, and cantaloupe. Oh and I forgot the most exciting of all! Strawberries! I have planted  in the herb garden: oregano, basil, sage, lavender, mint, dill, recao, sweet peppers, cilantro, and dill. I may try garlic in late summer , early fall. I think that’s the best time to plant them. I’ll read up and ask around.
 

Comments